1. Establish a bedtime routine
2. Turn off electronics at least an hour before bed
3. Get enough sleep every night- 7-8 hours is best for adults, but it depends on your age and activity level
4. Exercise regularly to improve the quality of your sleep
5. Keep a consistent sleep schedule by going to bed and waking up at the same time each day, including weekends
1. Drink more water
2. Eat less salt
3. Exercise regularly
4. Reduce your intake of sugar and alcohol
5. Avoid foods high in sodium, such as canned soups or frozen dinners
Focus on your ideal weight in 3 years, not 3 weeks.
Unless you’re trying to lose a few pounds for a special event or trip, then you’re better off focusing on a long term ideal weight and slowly working toward it.
You know better than anyone if your weight goes up and down due to yo-yo dieting.
Make a long term plan to and make positive lifestyle changes that will slowly get you to an ideal weight you can maintain.
Here are some changes you might want to implement. (more…)